Researchers working on the child physiology have concluded that children are very observant and their acumen develops by watching how others treat them. They also imitate the behavior of their parents and other persons in authority. This is the reason why people look for the best schools in Faridabad or any other place where they live for their wards.
The responsibility of teachers in developing the potential of a child is very important because of which top schools in Faridabad and other places train their teaching staff about how to identify any signs of depression in a child and how to help him or her to cope with it.
Signs of depression
- Stays alone most of the time
- Mood swings
- Does not complete homework
- Eating disorder
Role of the teacher in helping a child cope with depression
- The teacher should actively look for any sign of depression in the students who are under his/her care.
- If the teacher notices any sign of depression, then the teacher should gain the confidence of the child by talking with him/her and identifying the root cause(s) leading to depression.
- If the teacher finds some deep-rooted reason that is causing depression in a child, then he/she should bring it to the notice of the principal and the parents.
- If the school has a child phycologist then the teacher should bring it to his/her notice for a detailed clinical examination.
While a teacher has a huge role to play in identifying the signs of depression in a child, it would not be proper to put the entire responsibility on their shoulders. The school also has a huge role in creating a welcoming environment for all students.
Role of the school
- The school should organise workshops for teachers to help them identify the signs of depression in a child.
- The school can screen documentaries relating to mental health and help break the social stigma attached to it.
- The school should appoint a therapist.
A child whether studying in a school in Neharpar Faridabad or one of the top schools in tier 1 cities, must get the right environment to get help if they are depressed so that they can deal with it by getting help from the experts.