The leadership and staff of the GCIS are striving daily to provide rigorous activities infused with academic messages, imparting rays of knowledge and learning objective behind conducting co-curricular activities is to explore hidden talent of the students, to bring holistic development, to inculcate moral values, to imbibe them with self-respect, confidence and passion to reach to the zenith of the success.
- Regular morning assemblies are conducted based on the special theme of moral values, time management, honesty, motivation and target achievers.
- Special assemblies on Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Festivals of our diverse culture are regular feature of our special assembly.
- In every academic session school celebrates its special days such as; Founder’s Day, Angoori Devi Memorial Debate Competition, Sports Day and Annual Day.
- Appreciation day and graduation days are two important much awaited moments for the talented Columbians when they receive appreciation and acknowledgement in beautiful colors of awards and rewards.
GCIS’S SPECIAL ASSEMBLIES 2017-18
|Month||Special Assemblies||Themes for regular assemblies and house boards|
|April||Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti
World Heritage day
|May||Red Cross day
RabindraNath Tagore birthday
|Unity in diversity
World literacy day
World peace day
|Exam based themes, Hard work, Punctuality|
Victory of goods over evils.
|Children – Nation builders, Fraternity|
Consumer Rights day
Human rights day
|January||Republic day||My Country My Pride Democratic India|
|February||--||Value of time Success|
List of Annual Events for Session 2017-18
- Orientation Day: February (1st week) 2017
- Graduation Day: February (Last week) 2017
- Appreciation Day: March (Last week) 2017
- Investiture & Independence Day: 13 August 2017
- Teacher’s Day: 05 September 2017
- Grand Parents day: 03 September 2017 (Nursery – II classes)
- Angoori Devi Memorial Trophy: 11 December 2017
- Founder’s Day: 15 November 2017
- Annual Day: 02 December (Tentative)
- Farewell: 20 January 2018